Recently, one of our volunteers, Vincent, and Shelly from Stockport Library, who regularly volunteers at Walthew House, met with local artist Louise Barson to mark #poetsday. The video linked below shows the three of them with KermIT, one of the #stockportfrogs and Vincent beautifully recites The Frog Prince, by Linda Ori.
We regularly hold events to raise money for our charity and to raise awareness of the challenges facing people with a sensory loss. Recently,, some of these events indluded Breakfast With Signing Santa, a Planting Party, cake decorating and afternoon tea, as well as a wine tasting evening hosted with Helen Jones Wines. Thank you to everyone who supported these events.
Auction & Hotpot Night
We are holding an Auction & Hotpot Night on Friday 25th October from 7pm. The auction will take place at Walthew House (112 Shaw Heath, Stockport, SK2 6QS). Entry is £3 and includes entry to the auction, hotpot and one free drink.
- Signed Stockport County shirt and family tickets
- ASDA Goodies Hamper donated by ASDA Reddish & ASDA Stockport
- A Round of Golf for 4 at Hazel Grove Golf Club
- A voucher for Almond Family Pubs
- A family tour voucher for Manchester City
- A Discover Scuba Diving session from www.aquatechdivingcentre.co.uk
- A chocolate truffle making workshop www.chocolatecollective.co.uk
- Zumba classes donated by Gill Hunt, fitness instructor - www.facebook.com/gill.fitsteps
- 2 tickets for a Sale Sharks game
- A treatment voucher up to value of £45 - www.facebook.com/jodiesbeautyandbrows
- A doggy grooming voucher from Dogz Club- www.facebook.com/dogzclubdoggydaycare
- A £30 voucher to spend at A Tavola - Sicilian Street food Restaurant in Stockport
- 2 tickets to Wuthering Heights the Royal Exchange Theatre
- Tickets to see Jack and The Beanstalk at Stockport Plaza (BSL Performance)
- Framed print from Chris Swinton's 2W's Blind Photography- www.cs2wsblindphoto.co.uk
- Barbour International Sunglasses kindly donated by Warburton Optometrists
- A co-op goodies hamper kindly donated by the Edgeley store
- Beauty salon and hairdresser vouchers
- £30 worth of vouchers for Tesco
- Various chances to win wine, prosecco and chocolate kindly donated by local Sainsburys, Co-op, and Morrisons stores
- A tour voucher for two at Robinsons Brewery
Donations are continuing to come in every day - check back for more!
Technology User Group
Come and volunteer with us!
Every second Thursday of the month we will be holding our Technology User Group (TUG).
Sighted and signing volunteers will provide bespoke support for people who are blind, visually impaired, hard of hearing or Deaf, to help them make the most of assistive technology. There will also be demonstrations from some product providers.
Our team regularly do talks across Stockport about the work of our charity, and we would be happy to book a date in to speak to your group or organisation. Please contact Shannon Gorman using the details above if you would like to organise a talk.
Each year we are delighted to receive the support of businesses from across Stockport, including those who participate in our annual blind bowling tournament and those who have one of our charity collection boxes. We would particularly like to thank Booth Ainsworth, a long term supporter of ours who raise money through regular dress down days and cake sales - over the years they have helped to raise more than £10,000 for us!
There's lots of ways to raise money for Walthew....
Take a look at volunteer Michael's bird's eye video from Velocity Zipline!