- RNIB – Following the Covid-19 outbreak in the UK, and following current Government public health guidelines, RNIB’s library landlord has taken the difficult decision to close the site where their braille and giant print library collection and equipment are housed. They have had to suspend their hardcopy braille and giant print lending library service but will do everything they can to resume normal service as soon as possible. If you are an existing member of the library, please keep any braille books you have on loan from them. You do not need to return them until further notice. Otherwise, if you have any questions about library services from RNIB, please contact their Helpline on 03031239999 or email email@example.com
- Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership (‘GMHSC Partnership’) know it is essential that people are able to find the mental health support they need quickly and easily. They have launched a new text based support service called Shout. It is discreet, free and you get replies from a real person. Shout can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week simply by texting ‘SHOUT’ to 85258. The service is free, confidential and will not show up on phone bills.
- Wythenshawe Hospital – please note with immediate effect, the Wythenshawe emergency department will close to paediatric emergencies. Parents/carers must take children to the Paediatric Department, Oxford Road, Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital, M13 9WL
- TfGM – “Please do not travel unless it is essential. If you have to make a journey, please drive, cycle or walk if possible. Avoid public transport and only use it if there is no other option. Remember to wash your hands before and after”
- BBC – ‘10 Today’ is an exercise programme from Sport England and Demos designed for older people to protect against poor health and improve mental health and maintain independence. Follow this link for more information: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/p087wddm
- Gov.UK – Healthy Start vouchers are worth £3.10 per week for each child under 4 (£6.20 for a child under 1). At this time you do not need a health professional to sign off the application form, go to http://healthystart.nhs.uk for more information.
For information on any of the above contact us:
Phone: 0161 480 2612/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Text: 07980 507 884