- Health Secretary Matt Hancock is urging people to abide by Government guidelines in relation to exercise and social distancing. Although the majority are following the guidelines there are some people not sticking to the rules and if this continues it could lead to exercise outside of the home being banned. Reminder – Restrictionsstate that everybody must stay at home where possible, and only leave if they have a “reasonable excuse”. This includes;
- Exercise – alone, or with members of your household
- Shopping for basic necessities
- Any medical need, or providing care for a vulnerable person
- Travel to or from work, but only when you cannot work from home
- Sightline provide free* telephone-based befriending for people affected by sight loss. Regular phone-based befriending can be arranged at a convenient time for you. Our services are all staffed by trained volunteers, who have close experience of sight loss. Call 0800 587 2252. Office hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday. *0800 numbers are free to call from BT landlines and most mobile networks.
- Stockport Mind – As much as is possible, Stockport Mind are still available for anyone (you do not have to have been a user of their services) to phone up for support during their standard opening hours. If you can’t get through right away, please leave a message and they will get back to you – 0161 480 7393. Mondays/Wednesdays 9.30am-1pm, Tuesdays/Thursdays 9.30am-4.30pm (closed for lunch 1-1.30pm), closed on Fridays. You can email them too – email@example.com
- LearnMyWay is providing free courses on a range of things from shopping online to finding health information. This can help you to improve your digital skills in a safe way or to help family and friends do the same. Please visit their website https://www.learnmyway.com/ for more information.
- NHS – Use the quick NHS coronavirus status checker to tell them about your current experience of the virus. nhs.uk/statuschecker This will help the NHS plan its response to coronavirus by showing where the virus is spreading and how it affects people.
For information on any of the above contact us:
Phone: 0161 480 2612/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Text: 07980 507 884