- Stockport Council has introduced a dedicated coronavirus helpline for vulnerable people. It means that the most vulnerable people in Stockport will be able to access support and advice Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm and on Saturdays from 10am to 4pm, by calling 0161 217 6046. You can call the helpline if do not have a network of family and friends you can call upon for support.
- Stockport Council has dedicated coronavirus webpages which are regularly updated with all the key government advice, local service information and what to do if you think you have coronavirus. Please click the following link for more information https://www.stockport.gov.uk/showcase/coronavirus
- Walthew House – If you find yourself in a position where you are told by a medic to self-isolate please tell the professionals if you live alone and have no support. You can always contact us at Walthew House for assistance. A reminder – although Walthew House has closed its centre and stopped all activities for the foreseeable future, we are still available to help you with essentials such as food shopping, prescriptions and hearing aid batteries.
- Stockport Library customers – a delivery service for hearing aid batteries is available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and the type of batteries you require or phone 0161 217 6009 and hold to speak to an operator. You can also still get batteries from Walthew House on 0161 480 2612 or Stepping Hill hospital on 0161 419 4183.
- Stockport Food Bank – if you need a voucher email email@example.com or phone 0161 217 6003 (option 3) leaving your name and contact details. These vouchers can ONLY be used at Stockport Foodbank Centres. Stockport Food Bank work with local agencies who refer people for these vouchers but during the COVID-19 pandemic a number of referral agencies are not open to the public for face to face meetings. You can also obtain vouchers for Stockport Foodbank by telephoning the CAB help line on their freephone number 0300 330 9073 or The Prevention Alliance (‘TPA’) on 0161 474 1042.
For information on any of the above contact us:
Phone: 0161 480 2612/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Text: 07980 507 884