The Prime Minister has announced the following to take
effect from 24th July 2020
- Wearing a face covering will be mandatory in shops and supermarkets.
- Those who fail to wear a face covering will face a fine of up to £100 – in line with those payable for failing to do so on public transport. The fine will reduce to £50 if paid within 14 days.
- In line with the rules on public transport, children under 11 and those with certain disabilities will be exempt, this includes:
- If you have a disability that means you cannot put a mask on
- If you have a disability that means you cannot wear or remove a mask
- If putting on a face mask would cause you severe distress
- If you use lip reading to communicate, the person supporting you to use public transport does not have to wear a mask
- You do not have to wear a mask if you are using public transport to escape danger
- You can take your face covering off if it is essential for you to:
- Take medication
For information on any of the above contact us:
Phone: 0161 480 2612/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Text: 07980 507 884