- Walthew House is still able to offer Care Packages for people in Stockport with a sight or hearing loss. The packages are tailored to each individual and aim to keep people busy, reduce isolation and spread some joy. Recent packages have included big boxes of lovely fruit and veg, beading sets, large piece jigsaws, large print puzzle books, colouring-in sheets, Braille scrabble, cheese pies and much more! If you, or somebody you know would benefit please contact Shannon on 0161 480 2612 or firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on Facebook.
- Department for Health and Social Care is offering support for people who are self-isolating and needing medicine and grocery deliveries, lifts to appointments and check in and chat telephone support. Please contact 0808 1963646 or visit nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk for more information. They have also advised that the public consider face coverings in enclosed publ ic spaces to help reduce the spread of coronavirus. This can help in settings such as shops, and on trains and buses.
- Diabetes UK – In light of recent news about the prevalence of diabetes amongst those who have contracted Covid-19, there is a National Diabetes Advice-line for clinical inquiries (in case local team non contactable). Please phone: 0345 123 2399.
- National Trust – From Thursday 21st May The National Trust will open some of their larger car parks in England to visitors who have pre-booked spaces. Today (Monday 18th May) a booking system will open on the Trust’s website. Details about which car parks are bookable will appear on property webpages, and they are urging visitors to check online for the latest details and booking instructions before travelling. Members will be able to book a space for free, while non-members will need to pay in advance for their space. This comes days after they started opening some of their smaller car parks in line with government advice, so people can access fresh air, open space and nature. For the moment their pay-for-entry places, including houses and gardens, remain closed. Any reopening will be phased and gradual. In order to maintain social distancing when they reopen, they plan to introduce a pre-booking system. The latest government guidance restricting the public’s use of outdoor ticketed venues means they remain closed for now.
- Stockport Council has posted the dates refuse and recycling bins will be collected https://www.stockport.gov.uk/find-your-collection-day. If you would like us to check for you, please call or email the office. From Saturday 16th May, Bredbury and Adswood Recycle Centres are open for general waste, cardboard, garden waste (not soil), wood and timber. Please only visit if you really need to. As previously explained, please check if your number plate is odd or even to make sure you attend on the correct date. Walthew House has these details from week commencing 16th May to week commencing 27th June.
For information on any of the above contact us:
Phone: 0161 480 2612/ Email: email@example.com / Text: 07980 507 884