The Prime Minister has announced the following lockdown measures to be eased from Saturday 4th July:
- The two-metre social distancing restriction will be reduced to ‘one metre plus’ in England
- Brits can also enjoy the reopening of pubs and restaurants, go for a haircut as hairdressers prepare to reopen and stay overnight at hotels
- Cinemas and museums are to reopen
- Two households will be able to meet up inside but the government is recommending that multiple households don’t meet up indoors
- Some other services, like nail bars, will be allowed to open if they can do so in a safe way
- People from one household will be able to stay overnight at another
- Campsites will be allowed to open, provided washing facilities and toilets can be kept clean
- places of worship will be allowed to reopen for prayer and services and even weddings for a maximum of 30 people, subject to social distancing
- However indoors facilities, like gyms, bowling alleys and waterparks, will have to stay closed but the government will work with the sector to look at how they can open up. It will work with orchestras and choirs to look at how they can start performing again.
- Schools in England will reopen in September for primary and secondary school pupils in full.
- Also if you are not aware, masks are mandatory at all hospital appointments at the present time.
- The government says it is still trusting people to be careful and reduce contact where necessary.
For information on any of the above contact us:
Phone: 0161 480 2612/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Text: 07980 507 884