We are getting enquiries from people who would like to know when Walthew House will be fully open again. We can say definitely that this won’t be in June, and if COVID19 infection/death rates do not continue to fall, it won’t be in July either. The resuming of centre and community based services and activities, which we have needed to have stop because of coronavirus will be dependent on:
- Government guidelines and restrictions
- A realistic appraisal of the actual situation – meaning that just because guidelines say we can do something, doesn’t mean we will think it’s sensible to do it!
- Ensuring the safety of paid service users, volunteers and paid staff – which will be achieved through consultation – and will include consideration of:
- Safe travel to the centre for service users and volunteers
- Social distancing in the building and for community based services and activities
- Cleaning regimes. Usually Walthew House is cleaned every morning, but it is likely cleaning will be required during the day
- Use of PPE
We will be in touch with all volunteers and service users with any important updates. In the meantime, see our services page for current support and help available.