Adult Hearing Services provision in Stockport has been moved from Stepping Hill Hospital to a number of different locations across Greater Manchester.
It is important to go to your GP and discuss your hearing needs; your GP will then refer you to one of the providers listed below. If you encounter a problem, please call Walthew House on 0161 480 2612 who will advise and support you as appropriate.
A message from Stockport NHS Foundation Trust:
“Due to the changes in the adult hearing aid contract at Stepping Hill Hospital, we are no longer providing batteries at any libraries in Stockport or at Walthew House as of 30th June 2022.”
What do I do if my hearing aid is over three years old and I need a hearing appointment?
- If your hearing aid is over three years old, you can get a reassessment that may determine that you need new aids.
- If this is the case, you will be advised by your GP which provider will be best for you and you will referred for treatment, batteries, and maintenance.
Contact information for the Audiology Department, if your hearing aid is under three years old:
Stepping Hill Hospital
0161 419 4183
Text only – 07917073367
The current NHS providers for Stockport are:
- Beacon Medical Services Group – Woodley Health Centre 0161 445 7451 https://beaconmedicalservices.co.uk/
- The Outside Clinic (Home Visiting and Care Homes) 0808 239 2960 https://www.outsideclinic.co.uk/
- Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust https://mft.nhs.uk/
- Salford Royal Foundation Trust https://www.srft.nhs.uk/
- Scrivens Ltd – Marple Medical Centre 0161 983 5375 https://scrivens.com/
- Specsavers Hear care Group Ltd – Stockport 0161 477 6161 https://www.specsavers.co.uk/
- Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust – query service 0161 922 6000 https://tamesideandglossopicft.nhs.uk/